What to make of this game?
Ohio State seemed to be in control of the Big Ten before a two-week, three-loss swoon in February (including a loss to the Spartans). Michigan State had the Big Ten regular season locked up, before collapsing in the last week of the season with losses to Indiana and, yes, Ohio State.
Which all means … not much. A potential No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament is on the line (though not guaranteed).
- Time: 3:30 p.m.
- Favorite: Ohio State (-1.5)
- Season series: Michigan State 58, Ohio State 48 on Feb. 11 in Columbus; Ohio State 72, Michigan State 70 on March 4 in East Lansing.
- Why Michigan State will win: After two losses in the last week of the regular season, the Spartans have steamrolled through the Big Ten tournament with a 17-point win over Iowa and a 13-point win over Wisconsin.
- Why Ohio State will win: After two two-point wins in the last week of the regular season, the Buckeyes have steamrolled through the Big Ten tournament with a 17-point win over Purdue and a 22-point dismantling of Michigan.
- For the bettors: Ohio State.
- Big Ten Tournament: Day Two (dailybigten.com)